Tuesday 4 November 2014

Fuzzy Pony Isn't So Fuzzy Anymore


Best Pony has officially been clipped twice this season already.  The first one was in defense of how incredibly fluffy she was.  The weather has been unseasonably warm (and we don't have any snow!) so I gave her a modified trace clip since it hasn't been cold enough to put on a winter blanket with a neck but it's gotten cold enough over night that I wasn't comfortable turning her out with a completely naked neck.  She lives out year-round so it's always a delicate balance between her comfort and me not having to spend my entire day drying her off.

Now that the weather has gotten slightly cooler I felt justified in getting more aggressive with the clip.  The nice thing about having my own clippers is that I can pretty much do what I want, when I want.  So Dee now sports a clip that leaves a bit of hair over her back and rump but has enough gone that she dries much quicker.  Unfortunately she hates being in the barn and refuses to stand still.  This left m with some lines that left a whole lot to be desired, but it is what it is.

I had a dressage lesson on Friday and it was so nice to not have to hang out forever to wait for her to dry.

Mostly Nekkid Pony

2 comments:

  1. she has such a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clipped my guy too, paints look the coolest when they are clipped :)

    ReplyDelete